A Message to our Patients: COVID-19 Update
To Our Valued Patients,
The physicians and staff at Alpha Orthopedics & Sports Medicine are committed to doing our part to keep you as safe as possible. We understand the concerns surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic and are closely monitoring the communications and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and state and local health departments in order to do what we can to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In addition, we are maintaining close communication with our local area hospitals to monitor our community status.
Precautions are being taken
We are taking this outbreak seriously and have implemented multiple protocols at our clinics to do what we can to keep our patients, doctors and staff healthy to include:
- Regularly disinfecting all surfaces
- Limiting the number of patients in our waiting room
- Spaced seating apart in waiting rooms
- Requiring all of our staff to wear masks
- Requiring all of our staff to enter through one entrance and submit to a health screening
- Creating more spacing between staff members by having some team members work from home.
- Washing our hands frequently and using sanitizer generously
In addition, effective immediately, we are asking if you currently have had of the symptoms listed below, have been told you are presumptive positive or have tested positive for Covid-19 in the previous 14 days, stay home, we are happy to see you when you are well.
If you have had contact with anyone presumptive positive or testing positive for Covid-19 or have traveled outside of Texas in the previous 14 days, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment or wait 14 days to schedule. Currently Listed Covid-19 Symptoms per the CDC:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Please read below to understand YOUR responsibility when visiting our office. For your protection and ours:
- We require that you bring and wear a face covering/mask to your visit.
- We have implemented a screening process at our clinics to identify anyone who may be a potential risk. Please be aware that if you are exhibiting symptoms, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that you come alone to your appointment, if at all possible, unless you require translation, mobility or other needed assistance. Please make your guest aware they will be required to follow the same screening process as you.
- We require maintaining social distancing of 6 feet.
- We are asking that you leave all purses/bags in your vehicle and bring only your ID/Insurance (wallet), keys and mask OR bring contents in a see-through/clear tote.
- We are limiting the number of visitors that may accompany you to no more than one person. Please make your guest aware they will be required to follow the same screening process as you. Unless you require transportation, translation or other needed assistance, we recommend attending your appointment without a guest.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will update this website as necessary. In the meantime, we hope you also follow recommended guidelines to keep you, your friends and your families healthy.
For more information on these guidelines, please visit the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/index.html
-The Doctors and Staff of Alpha Orthopedics & Sports Medicine