At Alpha Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, we offer access to regenerative medicine techniques that can help reduce joint, tissue and bone pain, accelerate recovery, and improve quality of life. These minimally-invasive and cell-based treatments stimulate your natural repair mechanisms with the assistance of Axiom Regenerative Therapies. Our use of this regenerative therapy supercharges your body’s ability to heal by utilizing your own biologics (consisting of your own stem cells and/or PRP [platelet-rich plasma]) exactly where it’s needed the most. These treatments are safe, less painful and minimally invasive. Those who choose treatment from our regenerative techniques experience little to no symptoms and easy, fast-paced recovery. We have very high standards for the care we offer our patients at Alpha Orthopedics & Sports Medicine,
which is why meticulous protocol is performed with these therapies in order to maximize the quality and safety the patient receives. This preparation process is what sets us apart from other therapy providers.
Areas treated include:
- Foot & Ankle
- Elbow, Hand, & Wrist
Axiom Treatments Available
Regenerative therapies are revolutionizing the treatment of many medical conditions. Initial outcomes are very promising but long-term research and outcomes are still ongoing with these new treatments. These new treatments are also not yet covered by medical insurance companies. The treatment process is carefully managed by your physician to ensure you receive the best treatment option for your condition
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy delivers concentrated platelets directly to damaged tissues. This initiates the body’s own potent healing responses to treat acute injury, inflammation or chronic degenerative disease. The chance of an infection or a rejection of the PRP is extremely low because the PRP used is from each patient’s own blood.The PRP used by Axiom and Alpha Orthopedics has a therapeutic, industry-leading 7 – 10-fold increase of available platelets versus regular, whole blood. Because the PRP used is concentrated and high quality, many patients experience rapid relief after a single injection as soon as hours after their first treatment.
- Alpha 2 Macroglobulin (A2M) is a protease inhibitor that occurs naturally in the blood and inhibits the actions of proteins that damage joints and cartilage. Concentrated A2M injections help manage osteoarthritis and other degenerative conditions.
- Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC) is made with your own stem cells from your adipose (fat) tissue or bone marrow. This product includes the key components in BMC therapy: Hematopoietic stem cells, Mesenchymal stem cells, Leukocytes, growth factors, and Cytokines.Using BMC has the highest success rate when the key components are concentrated before they are delivered to your injury. At Alpha Orthopedics, we ensure the product is concentrated up to 20x normal levels. The product is reintroduced into the body, helping to decrease inflammation while simultaneously stimulating new tissue growth and the body’s ability to self-heal.
- Amniotic Fluid (AF) is derived from full-term caesarian deliveries, at absolutely no harm to the consenting mother, her baby, or the delivery process. AF is provided by donors which have each been thoroughly tested by following the rigid standards and regulations recommended by the American Association of Tissue Banks and the Food and Drug Administration.
- The Amniotic Fluid is rich in growth factors, hormones and signaling molecules that stimulate the body’s natural healing. It also contains a high concentration of hyaluronic acid, which protects joints and reduces inflammation. Amniotic Fluid does not contain living stem cells.
An Amniotic Fluid injection targets the area in pain and provides cushion, protection, and lubrication that helps mobility. The injection will stimulate healing of injury and assist in the reduction of inflammation. While there may be some soreness at the injection site for a couple days, it is typical to resume daily activities immediately.